Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Manchi Microphone Mamma

I hate to perpetuate the stereotype, but Ciccio and his mom are loud Italians! On one occasion I was downstairs trying to get my daughter to fall asleep and I could hear Angela screaming on Skype upstairs. I thought, 'oh I will just go up there and shut the door to muffle the sound'. When I walked up the stairs, I was stunned to find the door was already shut. What surprised me even more was that my baby girl didn't seem mind. In fact, she is already rolling her r's and making sure her voice is heard too! I don't know how many times I tried to ssssh Ciccio and Angela this summer. Yet, this week she returned to Italy after four months and the silence is sad. No more Angela singing Giro Giro Tondo, no more pots banging while preparing pesto lasagna, and no more heart-to-heart conversations via google translate. Looking back it was a loud, chaotic summer with my mamma-in-law,and new baby, but one I will always cherish.

TVB & mi manchi Angela!

1 comment: