Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Who is the Guy in the Suit?"




I don't want Ciccio to become the typical American sports crazy boy. A huge part of my life was spent trying to get attention from my old man and brother while they were watching sports. I did Albert Belle impressions, farted on cue..whatever it took to get face time. So I don't want Ciccio to join a fantasy league, but I would like him to have an appreciation for baseball.

We went to a Clippers game in September and I spent the whole game trying to explain the rules.







Fast forward to game 6 of the World Series

Ciccio: "Who is the guy wearing the suit?"

Me: "haha..that would be the umpire!!"

Ciccio: "Is he there all the time?"

Me: :(


Three explanations

1) his A.D.D. was kicking in during my baseball lesson

2) I'm a bad teacher

3) baseball is a complex sport if you didn't grow up with it

I'm going to go with a combination of the three.

-Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment